Friday, February 15, 2013

Anchor Steam Beer-Battered Fish & Chips

Fish & chips and Stuffed artichoke heart
Anchor Steam beer-battered fish & chips (top) and stuffed artichoke heart. NOM.
   

Woodhouse Fish Company - Castro


     The picture above really speaks for itself, but seeing as this is a food blog I figured I should throw in some details and shoutouts. The shoutout is to Woodhouse Fish Company, who really know how to complete a girls day on a sunny Sunday in the city. What began as a mani/pedi date with my friend Samantha soon escalated into what can only be labeled as a serious seafood bonanza.
     To quench my strange craving for fish & chips (I call it strange only because I live in the U.S. and have never even been to England), I ordered the house fish & chips, which did not disappoint. The fish was Alaskan Cod, and was battered in Anchor Steam beer, which if you don't know is headquartered in San Francisco and just entered into a deal with the Giants to spruce up Pier 48, so there are some extra points right there. My friend ordered the amazing stuffed artichoke heart you see on the bottom, which was filled with dungeness crab and bay shrimp.
     Below you can see our darling oyster appetizers, which I love and could stare at all day, is that weird? We're planning on coming back on a Tuesday when they apparently have a $1 oyster special.

Oysters
Our Oyster Apps

Valentine's Day Manicure
Our manicures!
    Woodhouse Fish Company on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig